1. Select your project team
The first step to any move is Planning, put together a team of people from your office and outside experts to take responsibility for these areas:
- Budget – Assign an individual to take charge of receiving quotes and purchasing.
- Office Mover Contact – One person to maintain contact with the Office Mover.
- Industrial Mover Contact – One person to maintain contact with the Industrial Mover.
- Technology Mover Contact – One person to maintain contact with the Technology Mover.
- Office Arrangement – Coordination of interior design, furniture and floor places, including technology placement.
- Industrial Arrangement – Coordination of machinery and equipment.
- Security and Cleanup – New location setup and old office shut-down. Including safety procautions, security, utilites, cleaning, locks & keys.
- Backup Planning – Be prepared for things to go wrong! One person should be in charge of speaking with all of the above and creating backup plans if there should be delays or disasters.
2. Setup Moving Requirements
Talk to your staff, create a detailed list of moving needs and requests. Once you have this list, you can start analyzing requirements. Be sure to set priorities to single out those areas that will need the most attention.
A timeline with start and expected end dates can help visualize problems beforehand.