The first step to any move is Planning. Put together a team of people from your office and outside experts to take responsibility for these 10 key areas:
1. Security and Cleanup – New location setup and old office shut-down. Including safety procautions, security, utilites, cleaning, locks & keys.
2. Office Arrangement – Coordination of interior design, furniture and floor places, including technology placement.
3. Industrial Mover Contact – One person to maintain contact with the Industrial Mover.
4. Budget – Assign an individual to take charge of receiving quotes and purchasing.
5. Office Mover Contact – One person to maintain contact with the Office Mover.
6. Technology Mover Contact – One person to maintain contact with the Technology Mover.
7. Industrial Arrangement – Coordination of machinery and equipment.
8. Backup Planning – Be prepared for things to go wrong! One person should be in charge of speaking with all of the above and creating backup plans if there should be delays or disasters.